Commonwealth Prosthodontics and Dr. David M. Schleider are pleased to offer a new technology for our implant-retained overdenture patients: Precision Implant Dentures. Implant-retained overdentures are a popular, state-of-the-art treatment for our patients with edentulism, or lack of teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Implant-Retained Overdentures?
Overdentures are full or partial replacement teeth retained by dental implants.
The benefits of implant-retained overdentures include:
- Slow bone loss.
- Eliminate the need for adhesives.
- Securely hold your teeth in place.
- The implant-retained and gum-supported type of overdenture is removable.
- If you already have dentures, your prosthodontist may be able to modify them to accommodate the implant-retained treatment option.
Dental implants are small titanium anchors that are permanently placed into your upper and/or lower jawbone to better support and secure your dentures.
- With time, the implant integrates and grows into your bone and efficiently mimics the supportive action of natural tooth roots in your jawbone.
- Implant therapy is prescribed for prosthodontics patients who have missing teeth.
How Do Precision Implant Dentures Work?
Precision Implant Dentures are placed on top of your dental implants. Your overdenture has caps that snap onto the attachments, holding them securely without any need for messy adhesives.
- Specifically, Precision Implant Dentures self-align and pivot inside your denture cap.
- Prosthodontists refer to Precision Implant Dentures as “providing a genuine resilient connection…that holds up to patient chewing forces while providing strong and lasting attachment quality.”
What Are the Benefits of Precision Implant Dentures?
Precision Implant Dentures enable patients who wear implant-retained overdentures to place, or seat, their dentures in their mouths with much-improved ease and comfort. This unique technology offers many benefits, including:
- Precision Implant Dentures’ pivoting technology locks your overdentures into place and keeps them secure while you are chewing. It eliminates the need for denture pastes and adhesives, enhancing your confidence.
- Precision Implant Dentures’ self-aligning design gives you ease of placement and removal of your overdentures. They just click into place even if you don’t have them exactly in position when you seat them.
- Precision Implant Dentures’ low vertical height makes them much more comfortable for patients with removable overdentures. They don’t protrude along your jaws’ soft tissue, preventing irritation.
Here at Commonwealth Prosthodontics, we know how important well-made, lasting dentures are to your quality of life including retaining a youthful-looking appearance, chewing easily, and speaking confidently. To experience the ease and comfort of implant-retained overdentures, please contact us in Richmond at (804) 346-3366 or request an appointment online.